Degree: M.Sc., Ph.D
Designation : Assistant professor
- Convenor of Examination & Result Sub-committee
- Members of Research Sub-committe & Computer Sub-committee
Life-Member of Indian Chemical Society, Kolkata
Worked on a project entitled "Synthesis of Polyacenes" at Kwansei-Gakuin University, Sanda-shi, Hirono, Japan (2014)
- Recent Advances in Iodosobenzene-Mediated Construction of Heterocyclic Scaffolds: Transition-Metal-Free Approaches and Scope
Krishnanka S. Gayen, Nirbhik Chatterjee*, Saikat Khamarui, and Pradip Kumar Tarafdar Eur. J. Org. Chem., 2018, 425 - 439 (ISSN 1099-0690)
- AuCl3 catalyzed [3+2+1] cycloadditon: First use of Aldehyde as a carbon monoxide-like one carbon synthon for triple C-C coupling
Krishnanka S. Gayen and Dilip K. Maiti RSC Adv., 2014, 4, 10204-10207 (ISSN 2046- 2069)
- ArCH(OMe)2-a Pt-catalyst originator for diverse annulation catalysis
Subhadeep Ghosh, Saikat Khamarui, Krishnanka S. Gayen and Dilip K. Maiti* Sci. Rep. 3, 2987. DOI: 10.1038/srep02987(2013)
- CeCl3·7H2O Catalyzed C−C and C−N Bond-Forming Cascade Cyclization with Subsequent Side-Chain Functionalization and Rearrangement: A Domino Approach to Pentasubstituted Pyrrole Analogues
Dipankar Dhara, Krishnanka S. Gayen, Saikat Khamarui, Palash Pandit, Sukla Ghosh, and Dilip K. Maiti* J. Org. Chem. 2012, 77, 10441−10449. (ISSN: 0022-3263)
- Efficient catalytic cyclizations of three and two imine assembly: Direct acess to tetrahydroimidazo[1,5-c]imidazol-7-one and imidazole
Yasmin Saima, Saikat Khamarui, Krishnanka S. Gayen, Palash Pandit and Dilip K. Maiti* Chem. Commun. 2012, 48, 6601-03. (ISSN: 1364-548X)
- Cu(0) nanoparticle catalyzed efficient reductive cleavage of isoxazoline and domino cyclization in water medium
Krishnanka S. Gayen, Tista Sengupta, Yasmin Saima, Adita Das, Dilip K. Maiti* and Atanu Mitra* Green Chem. 2012, 14,1589-92. (ISSN: 1463-9270)
- FeCl3·6H2O-Catalyzed Intermolecular-Cascade Cyclization of Acetoacetanilide: Aldehyde-Tuned Synthesis to Valuable 2-Pyridone Analogues
Tista Sengupta, Krishnanka S. Gayen, Palash Pandit, and Dilip K. Maiti* Chem. Eur. J. 2012, 18, 1905 –09. (ISSN: 1521-3765)
- Addition of halide to p-bond directly from aqueous NaX solution: A general strategy for installation of two different functional groups
Palash Pandit, Krishnanka S. Gayen, Saikat Khamarui, Nirbhik Chatterjee and Dilip K. Maiti* Chem. Comm. 2011, 47, 6933-35. (ISSN: 1364-548X)
- Presented a paper titled " An Easy Metal - Free Access to 2,5 - Disubstituted Oxadiazoles" in a WBSCST Sponsored State-Level Seminar on Recent advances in Bio-inorganic and Bio-organic chemistry organized by Bangabasi Morning College
- Fabrication of TMS2MnO4 Nanoparticles and Development of their Mild Oxidizing Property
Yasmin Saima, Krishnanka S. Gayen and Dilip K. Maiti, IX TH CRSI (Kolkata Chapter) Symposium on Chemical Research in the First Decade of 21st Century, 6th August, 2011, P- 22, p-54, Visva-Bharati, Santiniketan, West Bengal.
- pi-Bond Activated Direct Heterofunctionalization: An Approach toward Synthesis of Several Building Blocks with Synthetic Efficiency
Palash Pandit, Krishnanka S. Gayen, Saikat Khamarui, Nirbhik Chatterjee and Dilip K. Maiti, National Symposium on Organic Chemistry-IV (NSOC-IV): Modern Trends and Perspectives, 2-3rd February 2011, OP-3, p-39, Jadavpur University, Kolkata.
- Design, Synthesis and Fabrication of Organic Nanostructured Materials and Studies of Their Gluing Noncovalent Weak Interactions
Tista Sengupta, Krishnanka S. Gayen, Palash Pandit and Dilip K. Maiti, International Symposium on Facets of Weak Interactions in Chemistry, 13-15th January 2011, p-36, University of Calcutta, Kolkata.
- Iodosobenzene: A Versatile Reagent for an Organic Chemist
Krishnanka S. Gayen and Dilip K. Maiti, Acharya Prafulla Chandra Ray Memorial Symposium on Chemistry and Industry (2012), 2nd – 3rd August, 2012, Contributory Paper (Award) – 3, p-63, Indian Chemical Society, Kolkata.
- Fabrication of Cu Nanoparticles and development of Their Catalytic Activity: Reductive N-N Bond Cleavage of Carbonyl/Sulfonyl Azide to valuable Primary Amide and Sulfonamide
Krishnanka S. Gayen and Dilip K. Maiti, Young Scientists’ Colloquium – 2011, 4th August, 2011, p-20, Materials Research Society of India (MRSI), Kolkata Chapter.
- Homo- and Heteroatomic bond Cleavage by in situ Generated Metal Nanoparticles: Synthesis of Novel Organic Compounds in Water Medium
Krishnanka S. Gayen and Dilip K. Maiti, Acharya Prafulla Chandra Ray Memorial Symposium on Chemistry Today (2011) and Celebration of the International Year of Chemistry, 2nd – 3rd August, 2011, Contributory Paper (Award) – 10, p-44, Indian Chemical Society, Kolkata.
Participated in 28 days Orientation Programme (OP - 123) organized by UGC - HRDC of Himachal Pradesh University, Shimla [04.07.2016 - 30.07.2016]
Attended a workshop on “Advanced NMR Spectroscopy School” organized by UGC-Networking centre, School Of Chemistry, University of Hyderabad from August 12-24, 2013.
Fellowship(s) & award(s):
Young Chemist Award by Indian Chemical Society (2011 & 2012)
Shyama Prasad Mukherjee Fellowship (SPMF) funded by Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR), India (2009)
Kunjabehari Basak Medal from Presidency College (2006)
Under Graduate Teaching experience:
- Raja Peary Mohan College, Uttarpara, Hooghly (2015 - Present)